Friday, October 23, 2009

HSU Homecoming

10 Years (really 10 years!)...Gosh it is hard to believe. It seems like forever ago and like yesterday in so many ways. This past weekend we ventured out to Abilene for my college Homecoming and to spend time with our good friends, Christy and Lon. Christy is like a sister to me and I love the time I get to spend with her. We both agreed it would have been perfect if Desha was able to join us, but alas she lives in Colorado and the trip was a bit too far! We had a great weekend and I was able to visit with some friends I had not seen in a long time. On Saturday morning I went to the AIO breakfast and was able to see some of my sorority sisters. It was such a good thing to see them and meet their husbands and children. AIO was such an integral part of my college experience and many of these women were like family to me. The few Alumni that were there came over to Christy's that night and we spent hours talking and reminiscing about old times. Our husbands thought we were crazy and couldn't help but laugh at us. Thanks guys! Overall, it was a great weekend and the kids had a blast. Ethan and Eliana loved Christy and Lon and their cat Joe. Ethan either wanted to be petting Joe or looking through the window at Joe the majority of the time we were at the house. This weekend meant so much to me and I am SO thankful for this time with good girlfriends.

Kirsten (and Noah), Joyce, Me (& Eliana), Christy, and Jennifer
The Alumni with the current AIO members
Eliana and Noah (my friend Kirsten's son)
Ethan and Eliana on the HSU campus
Eliana and Daddy on a stop on the trip to Abilene (love this picture!!)


No comments: