Thursday, August 21, 2008

One week...

Today I am 39 weeks along, which anyone who has become a mom knows does not necessarily mean Eliana is going to join us next week on her due date. I sure hope she does but she seems pretty comfortable right now. I went to the doctor yesterday and after Eliana stressed me out at the non-stress test by not moving around enough to be called a reactive stress test (until after being there for almost an hour..she is being stubborn already ;-0) we found out I am not dilated at all and she has not dropped anymore. My doctor says with the second pregnancy the baby does not always drop before I go into labor so we will see.

The waiting and wondering and questions like what labor is going to be like, am I going to be able to go into labor, is Eliana is going to look like Ethan or completely different, is she going to have red hair, and how will Ethan react to his little sister, keep me up at night with excitement and anxiety. I know I need my rest but I am not sure exactly how to turn my mind off. I have always had this problem before something big happens. The night before Josh and I got married I hardly slept at all! As a child, I could not sleep before Christmas or my birthday or even the start of school and just think about how much bigger having a baby is in comparison!

I have one more doctor's appointment scheduled for next Wednesday and if I do not go into labor beforehand I have a c-section scheduled for September 2nd at 9:30 a.m. Whenever Eliana does decide to join us it will be the best birthday present ever. My birthday is August 31st. Many people have said it would be neat for Eliana to come on my birthday, however I want her to have her own special day! I shared a birthday with my Pa-paw growing up (he always said I was the best birthday gift he had ever gotten) and I loved it but it is different to share a birthday with your mom. If she does come on my birthday she will definitely be the best birthday present I have ever and will ever receive!

We'll keep you updated and perhaps soon I will be posting pictures of our family of four.....

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Can't wait to see pics of her! We're praying for a safe and healthy delivery! Much love to you!

Katy said...

Thanks for the updates! I know you have a lot to think about right now, but do rest as much as you will let yourself :) So excited as you start this new journey! Please keep us updated.